DIP 1027---String Interpolation---Community Review Round 1

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 17:05:32 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 12 December 2019 at 16:50:47 UTC, aliak wrote:
> So i"blah %var" would not return a tuple but a type that has
> alias this to string? Like:

Yup that's my proposal:
http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2019_05_13.html

Walter's proposal isn't bad, though mine is better :)

However I would tweak one thing about mine. Before I said "auto
arg1 = 50; ". I'd actually change that now to `auto arg1 = () =>
50;` for more compile time / runtime mixing compatibility.

I might also steal the raw string thing from Javascript... and I
actually kinda like the format string from Walter's proposal,
though mine can actually do that too already by reading format
stuff in CTFE right out of the string.