D enters Tiobe top 20

Laeeth isharc laeeth at laeeth.com
Thu Dec 12 22:34:53 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 12 December 2019 at 02:26:57 UTC, Jeff wrote:

> A better metric has always been: Jobs posting, Github/Gitlab,
> module/package gains etc. Show me the D jobs? In Europe there
> are none.

I'm hiring at least 25 more people and all of those jobs could be
to work in D at least some of the time and the majority all of
the time.

I haven't advertised for most of the people I have hired to work
in D because I haven't had time - it's a lower return on invested
time approach - and so far I haven't needed to.

Is Britain in Europe.  I think so.  And I do have people working
remotely from mainland Europe.

If one were advertising to hire people then probably you would
advertise for C++ guys.  What would be the point in saying you
need to know D in an advert targeting a broad audience?  I
haven't used headhunters much but when I have they say an
investment company is looking for people who know C++.