opMixin or mixin function templates with convenience operator?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 17:00:29 UTC 2019

On Friday, 13 December 2019 at 16:44:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 13 December 2019 at 16:07:01 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
>> You'll notice that there's no direct manipulation of the
>> AST--everything is done by substitution.
>
> Yes, and there are many ways to do substitution.

The youtube link in my previous post has a time code that will
bring you directly to the start of the segment on macros. In that
segment, Walter explains in detail how macros would be expanded,
with worked examples on the whiteboard. Pattern matching is also
discussed.