DIP 1027---String Interpolation---Community Review Round 1

Jab jab_293 at gmall.com
Sun Dec 15 20:25:22 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 15 December 2019 at 18:29:10 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 December 2019 at 05:34:48 UTC, Jab wrote:
>> If it was important it would already have been implemented,
>> but no one uses printf as there are better alternatives.
>
> That's wrong, we use printf snprint and sprintf a lot since we
> can't use D with its runtime (makes too much problems in a
> shared lib) and

It was a figure of speech. You are most definitely in the
minority. You can create a convenience wrapper around printf that
is @nogc so you don't have to use it directly.

> printf still is the gold standard for conversion of float to
> string.

It's just the most accessible. There are better float to string
implementations out there.