[SAoC] MLIR Support for LDC

Roberto Rosmaninho Robertogrosmaninho at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 03:18:10 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not writing updates in a while, on this stage, I'm more
fixing bugs than making advances on the project. However,
finally, all opaque operations are now dialect operations!! It
means that the operations are no more just string, they have
builders, types, verifiers and can return error messages if you
try to build something wrong. More than that, now it's possible
to start a new phase that we can translate D to other dialects,
including those ones used by TensorFlow. For the end of this
project, I may try to build the code that will translate D
Dialect for the LLVM IR dialect and see how correlated it is with
LLVM IR.

For now, I have just 2 more bugs to fix: IfStatement that
recently had some updates on LDC and generates arguments for
blocks to work as phi nodes for loops and branches.

Some tests are available and using LIT with FileCheck, so if you
want to how D Dialect looks like the tests ate under the
ldc/tests/codegen_mlir directory on this repository:
https://github.com/Robertorosmaninho/ldc/tree/support-for-MLIR

The project works with the last version of LLVM, MLIR and LDC -
with commits until 12/14/20

Regards,
Roberto Rosmaninho