issue 7006 - std.math.pow (integral, integral) crashes on negative exponents

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Dec 17 13:49:35 UTC 2019

On 17.12.19 14:39, Dominikus Dittes Scherkl wrote:
>>> I think
>> You are wrong.
> Please no ad hominem attacks!
>

>>> there are only two interesting cases:

This is not an ad hominem. An ad hominem is dismissing your argument
because you were the one who made it. (As a hypothetical example, if I
said you were wrong because I did not like the shape of your nose or
something like that.)

Aside from not being an ad hominem, the statement above is not even a
personal attack. You simply made a wrong statement. There are other
interesting cases, therefore your statement was wrong. I have made wrong
statements before and I usually just apologize if it happens.