Downloading Latest D Language DMD compiler via Windows 10 batch script file.

singingbush singingbush at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 18 14:10:28 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 18 December 2019 at 09:03:25 UTC, Laurent Tréguier
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 December 2019 at 07:16:30 UTC, singingbush
> wrote:
>> There's no need because both DMD and LDC are in available via
>> chocolatey.
>>
>> https://chocolatey.org/search?q=Dmd
>>
>> So simply: choco install dmd
>
> It doesn't look up to date, version 2.087.0 was 2 releases ago.
> Looking at the package release history, it's updated like once
> every year, so it's definitely not a good solution to have the
> latest version.
> Besides, it also means depending on chocolatey to download it.

That needs sorting out then. To fair to PxlBuzzard that was only
a few months ago. DMD release very frequently. I'd actually
rather have less frequent but more reliable releases. That's a
separate issue though.

Chocolatey is probably the best option for keeping dev tools up
to date on Windows in the same way that Mac users use homebrew
and Linux users update from their chosen repositories. It's a lot
easier to 'choco upgrade all -y' and have all my tools updated
than to individually run scripts for each thing individually.