does D already have too many language features ?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Dec 31 06:21:04 UTC 2019

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 01:02:05AM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 31 December 2019 at 00:39:01 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > Just think of the huge amounts of Java class libraries that can be
> > made available to D at the press of a button.
>
> BTW at this very moment I am writing a .class and .jar auto-converter
> to my jni interfacer...

This is super-awesome stuff, dude. I imagine that, even given the
current limitations of jni.d, a large number of class libraries ought to
be usable already.

Writing D code for Android just got taken to a whole new level: now
interfacing with the built-in Android GUI APIs just became so easy.  I'm
anticipating that when I have time to work on my Android project again
I'll be taking advantage of this much more than I'd been able to in the
past.

Notwithstanding the eloquent discontent that you have just respectfully expressed at length against my verbal capabilities, I am afraid that I must unfortunately bring it to your attention that I am, in fact, NOT verbose.