Convenient debug printing

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:40:29 UTC 2019

On Friday, 1 February 2019 at 20:32:54 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> I am pretty sure that the universe will freeze-over, before
> Walter consider AST macros.
>
> -Alex

Meaning no offense to Walter, his recent statements on the AST
macros makes me think that he is mistaking what Jacob has
proposed before (Lisp or Rust-style hygienic AST macros) for
C-style text macros (which are, of course, supremely terrible).

His main argument, about not wanting people to be able to invent
their own syntax and encourage fragmentation within the language
community, does not ring true. All you have to do is look at Rust
to see that it is possible to support a limited form of AST macro
without any adverse effects.