Convenient debug printing

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Feb 2 14:01:36 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-02 00:50, jmh530 wrote:
> It would need a re-work and definitely need to be written
> from the perspective of convincing W&A, which is a pretty high hurdle
> given their biases.

All of the old DIPs (on the wiki) are written in a completely different
style. Back then the requirements to get a DIP passed was a lot less
then it is now. Those DIP are not really written like a spec. On the
other hand the D spec is not written like a spec either :).

> Two of the interesting things about AST macros to me are 1) that it
> seems pretty straightforward to implement C++'s metaclass proposal using
> them

Yes, I think so.

> 2) not only could a lot of D's other features like foreach be
> written in terms of them but a lot of the attributes could too. This
> could enable a lot of customization, which could be good or bad...

Yes, exactly.

--
/Jacob Carlborg