template syntax

bpr brogoff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 19:37:57 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 30 January 2019 at 19:42:06 UTC, Neia Neutuladh
wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 19:17:38 +0000, dronord wrote:
>> Templates are traditional is {} or <>.
>
> I've never seen {} for templates. I believe I've only seen [],

Julia uses the curly brackets for type parameterization.

>> < and > is nice construction. May be add it in D?)
>
> D is a mature language, and part of that is not making changes
> without a good reason.

I much prefer the D template syntax even though I'm way more used
to '<>' from C++, Java, and Rust. If I were going to make a
change in syntax to D3 I'd make variable declaration syntax
postfix, like Go, Scala, Kotlin, Rust...