Both safe and wrong?

Olivier FAURE couteaubleu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:17:56 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 12 February 2019 at 12:49:45 UTC, XavierAP wrote:
> This way there is no code break. Other than new warnings, which
> are good because they expose a newly discovered vulnerability;
> or re-compiling unsafe global initializations, which should be
> fixed, or may be flagged @trusted, individually or however.

There would be some breakage for code with "@safe:" at the
beginning of the file.

Also, I don't think D compilers have any semantics for behaving
differently depending on whether the code they're compiling is
legacy or new code (eg already compiled code, as you put it). I'm
guessing that those semantics would be non-trivial to implement.