Interesting memory safety topic

JN 666total at wp.pl
Wed Feb 13 09:43:26 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 at 07:45:15 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Not all of them sadly. There is a talk from Herb Sutter at
> CppCon where only 1% of the audience claimed to use any kind of
> static analysis during their daily workflows.
> --
> Paulo

That's why you make that stuff opt-out rather than opt-in, and
easiest to integrate with IDE as possible. Programmers are lazy
by nature. I wouldn't ever use DScanner or Dfmt if I had to
invoke them manually. But I configured code-d in VSCode to run
Dfmt on each file save and I don't have to think about it. Same
for DScanner, it has some defaults and it validates my code every
time I save the source file.