templating opEquals/opCmp (e.g. for DSL/expression templates)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Feb 13 16:07:06 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:12:17PM +0000, jmh530 via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 at 02:37:50 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > [snip}
> >
> > Haha... yeah, I *thought* the choice of => for lambda syntax was not
> > a good idea.  But people seemed to love it at the time, what can I
> > say?  :-/
> >

> What do you prefer instead? Can C++'s -> cause similar ambiguities?

I'll admit, I've never really thought too hard about it.  But the main
idea is to choose something that can't be confused for something else.
Since -> isn't a token in D, it seems to be a viable candidate. But it
might be confusing for the, *ahem*, droves of C++ coders who just can't
wait to migrate to D. ;-)

In a world without fences, who needs Windows and Gates? -- Christian Surchi