D grammar is Wild

Luís Marques luis at luismarques.eu
Thu Feb 14 22:32:34 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 14 February 2019 at 22:22:51 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> This section specifies name mangling. Ng is what goes into the
> mangled name for the inout() type constructor.

That's easy to overlook. The grammar is big enough that I need to
search the web page for occurrences of productions, to try to
make sense of it. Then things like "Type" appear but it's not
actually related to the normal grammar, it's the ABI stuff. I
mean, other than being specified in the form of a grammar, it
doesn't really have any relation to the regular D grammar, does
it? (Honest question, not a rhetorical one). I would argue it
should be moved to its own page, to lessen the confusion.