DIP 1019--Named Arguments Lite--Community Review Round 1

Ron J ron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:17:28 UTC 2019

On Friday, 15 February 2019 at 19:11:55 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> D should not make the fatal mistake of "persevering backwards
> capability at all cost" scenario, that what c++ is for.

I agree with this and despite breaking code indeed sucks, for a
language like D which has a very small user base, I think it
should go for it instead of adding new properties for handling
different cases and trying to be like C++.

In fact look for example C++ 17 or 20 and you can clearly see
that they are trying hard to force people over new features/ways
of programming and hoping the old "habits" go way.

Ron.