dmd -run fails with Nix on macOS Mojave

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:06:29 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 at 20:37:48 UTC, Thomas Mader wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 at 20:32:32 UTC, Thomas Mader
> wrote:
>> I don't know what the compiler wants to write to
>> /var/tmp/dmd_runNVSCJp and why that fails with a Permission
>> denied.
>
> Ok I found it, it's created in link.d

Not sure if macos does this, but on linux you can mount
directories as "noexec" which means you can't run executables
that live inside those mounts.  On linux you could check this
with "mount | grep /var/tmp", not sure if it's the same on MacOS.

(Related Issue: https://github.com/dragon-lang/rund/issues/17)