The DIP Process

Donald donald at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:23:56 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 04:12:31 UTC, Jordan Wilson
wrote:
> Would it be useful to have 1 more offical review step?
>
> Step 1: The author creates the DIP
> Step 2: The author submits the DIP to the DIP manager
> (community input already implied)
>
> Step 3: The language maintainers perform a *pre-review*
>
> Step 4: The DIP manager informs the author of the feedback
> Step 5: The author actions feedback as needed, submits the DIP
> to the DIP manager
> Step 6: Final review
>
> I realise it's an increase of workload for the language
> maintainers, but the payoff may well be worth it if we can
> still get engagement from expert D users like Manu etc.

But that's the main problem, if you watch old DConfs they always
said the same thing: "We have a lack of reviewers".

I pretty sure Walter/Andrei work on other things while at the
same time trying to managing everything.

So while nobody with knowledge decide to step in to do a
"pre-review" I don't think they will do it.

Donald.