Make DMD emit C++ .h files same as .di files

Daniel N no at public.email
Wed Feb 27 19:09:02 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 18:48:06 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 2/25/19 2:28 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 11:04:56AM -0800, Manu via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> <off-topic rant>
>> This is a perfect example of what has gone completely wrong in
>> the world
>> of build systems. Too many assumptions and poor designs over an
>> extremely simple and straightforward dependency graph walk
>> algorithm,
>> that turn something that ought to be trivial to implement into
>> gargantuan task that requires a dedicated job title like "build
>> engineer".  It's completely insane, yet people accept it as a
>> fact of
>> life. It boggles the mind.
>> </off-topic rant>
>>

> Hear, hear. When adding another step to a build process ISN'T a
> simple "add a line to the script", then something has gone
> very, VERY wrong.

I strongly agree, please consider adding it to the compiler, I
had enough of insane build systems for one lifetime, the only
buildsystem I need is "dmd -i"

If you feel there is a need for a more modular aproach, then I'd
rather see the posibility of adding "end user developed" dynamic
library plugins to the compiler instead, that aproach can also
spur creativity from outside developers just as well as separate
tools can.