The DIP Process

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Feb 28 08:17:35 UTC 2019

On 2/26/19 6:28 AM, Mike Parker wrote:
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/#start-with-an-idea-for-python
>
> The core of the process is the same. What they add to it is this:
>
> "The PEP champion (a.k.a. Author) should first attempt to ascertain
> whether the idea is PEP-able. Posting to the comp.lang.python newsgroup
> (a.k.a. python-list at python.org mailing list) or the

I strongly agree that's the right way to do things. In fact, we already
do it that way in D. But there's one key difference between the way
Python does that and the way D does it: When *we* do that here in D, the
post is immediately followed by a public lynching at having had THE
NERVE to suggest an idea change without writing both a complete DIP and
PR first.