DIP 1018--The Copy Constructor--Community Review Round 1

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 14:44:12 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 5 January 2019 at 14:39:06 UTC, Boris-Barboris wrote:

> Why would you mentioned it anywhere though? It's already
> implemented, we have such constructors. What does it have to do
> with copy constructor, besides the first argument?

Prior to this DIP, one might have defined:

this(ref S a, int b=0) {}

This function is called only explicitly, but after this DIP, it
will get called whenever a S instance will be copied. If you are
against this function being a copy constructor, I can understand
that, but C++ is considering it a copy constructor and for this
first iteration, we are too.