DMD on WIndows 10

Anonymouse asdf at asdf.net
Tue Jan 8 09:21:35 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 5 January 2019 at 14:05:48 UTC, Patrick Schluter
wrote:
> [...]

2015 necroposts? :3

On topic, I'm a Linux creature but I keep a Windows box around
for various purposes.

1. No dmd64 download. Yes, dmd32 can build 64-bit code, but
that's academical when it runs out of addressable memory and
crashes. I'm currently downloading AppVeyor dmd.exe build
artifacts; still wonder why the dlang.org download page doesn't
offer links to those at the very least (compare with RPCS3
downloads[1]). I fail to understand the reasoning here. It's not
like excessive memory use isn't one of the things plaguing D.

2. Windows Defender/SafeScreen/something or another pauses.
Downloading and running the dmd installer can take a minute or
two as it presumably calls home to ask if it's okay to run.

3. Not dmd's fault, but no SSL libs for use with dlang-requests
without falling back to downloading an installer from some shady
site.

4. Something something vscode. I've been having more issues with
it failing to compile code-d than on the Linux machines. That was
before the fundraiser push though, likely it has improved since.

[1]: https://rpcs3.net/download