Dropping support for OSX 32 bit

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 04:34:30 UTC 2019

So Apple has dropped support for 32 bit apps in the latest OS
release (September last year).

Officially we support 10.9 (Mavericks) released October 2013. All
supported versions run on 64bit processors, Apple support (I
think?) 10.11 and newer (we should probably raise that to be in
line but thats a different problem: see
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/CAOC+-J-iZnpvEvFu5womjuy2H_ZiUzPytVDZfxoPuv1zYt173g@mail.gmail.com).

The newer c++ standard library support is disabled on the 32 bit
configurations of the CI pipeline and is currently blocking
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/9143

Removal of support has been requested
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2959
and by many who have experienced the ~~joy~~ pain of dealing with
CI failures related to OSX32.

1) Does anyone actually build for 32bit OSX?
2) Is everyone happy with accelerating EOL for D support of OSX32?

Please reply so we can get a representative sample.