Dropping support for OSX 32 bit

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Thu Jan 10 07:12:19 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 10 January 2019 at 04:34:30 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:
> 1) Does anyone actually build for 32bit OSX?
> 2) Is everyone happy with accelerating EOL for D support of
> OSX32?
>
> Please reply so we can get a representative sample.

Thanks a lot for opening this thread!

It has been quite a pain for many D contributors as this target
never received much love and thus is probably the one with the
most "random" bugs in it and I remember quite a few times where
contributors had to waste hours trying to workaround the
auto-tester 32-bit OSX build as they couldn't reproduce the error
locally.
Also, if we remove support for it, the OSX builds on the
auto-tester will receive a doubled capacity.

So, as our resources and manpower are stretched thin, I think we
should focus on targets that are actually being used and I
suggest to drop support for it.