Dropping support for OSX 32 bit

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Thu Jan 10 10:54:43 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 10 January 2019 at 04:34:30 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:

> 1) Does anyone actually build for 32bit OSX?

Yes, eventually, at some point.  Sometime over the next month,
I'll be adding druntime support for 10.5, as its the only version
that fully supports all architecture combinations for darwin
(x86, x86_64, ppc, ppc64).  For bootstrapping, it's easier to
start at the most common baseline.

> 2) Is everyone happy with accelerating EOL for D support of
> OSX32?

So long as druntime C bindings are left intact - all rt stuff
regarding OSX support not compiler agnostic anyway - dmd compiler
is fine to do what it wants.