core.traits?

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 09:36:09 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 10 January 2019 at 21:01:09 UTC, luckoverthere wrote:
> That's disappointing to learn. Ryzen has four 128-bit AVX
> units, 2 of them can only do addition and the other 2 can only
> do multiplication. Not sure how the memory is shared between
> units but if it isn't then it'd need to copy to be able to do
> an addition then a multiplication.

The good news though is that Ryzen's 128-bit pipeline outperforms
my Skylake i7 with this code. So you could say they've optimised
for the majority usecase.

It's reaaaaaally beneficial to do 256-bit logic for my particular
use case here since I'm sampling and operating on 8 32-bit values
at a time to produce a 32-bit output. But eh, I've gotta write
for the build farm hardware.