My late christmas present for you: context-aware assertion error messages

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Sat Jan 12 16:23:53 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 12 January 2019 at 16:17:07 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Awesome!
>
> It's about time dmd error messages got a facelift.  Will
> -verrors=context eventually become the default?

Yes, I hope so!
Once it has gotten a fair bit of real-world feedback and testing
(which is the one of the reasons why I opened this thread) we can
enable it by default if a TTY is detected.

TTY detection is probably necessary as there are still a lot of
programs (especially editor plugins) which parse the DMD output.