is `allMembers` useless for modules?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Mon Jan 14 09:57:10 UTC 2019

On Monday, 14 January 2019 at 07:57:34 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
> It lists imported packages and modules, even though there's no
> way to detect if a symbol is a module and there's no way to go
> from the package to the modules it contains. It does not list
> named imports at all, for basically no reason I can tell.
>
> It's basically impossible at the moment to use templates to
> navigate the import graph.
>
> Is this just a matter of a lack of testcases? Or is this not an
> intended idiom at all?

Yes allMembers is useless for modules and packages.

It's a long-standing issue for years and will probably never be
resolved.

It really sucks and I wish there was a solution.

The only workaround is to use prebuild commands to execute
somekind of code that does what you're trying to acheive by
listing modules etc. and importing them in the module you need
them etc.