DIP 1017--Add Bottom Type--Final Review

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 14:01:12 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 15 January 2019 at 12:20:20 UTC, Olivier FAURE wrote:

> I agree that this proposal should still be in the "Community
> Review stage". The DIP procedure document says:
>
>> At the end of the review period, the DIP Manager will work
>> with the POC to ensure all feedback has been addressed, revise
>> the DIP as necessary, and include a summary of the review
>> round in the Reviews section of the DIP.
>
> While a "Reviews" section has been added, no other change has
> been added to the document. For instance, while the Reviews
> section notes that `Tbottom*` should logically be
> `typeof(null)`, the document body still lists `Tbottom*` ==
> `Tbottom`.

"has been addressed" does not mean that the DIP will be revised
to reflect feedback. What it means is I will ask the DIP author
to respond to any feedback in the review thread and to make any
changes the author feels should be made. It's ultimately up to
the author whether or not to do either, but I won't move forward
until I get a response to both requests. If the DIP was revised
summary.