Bottom Type--Type Theory

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Jan 17 10:21:49 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 05:45:13PM -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> My interest in a bottom type comes from wanting a sounder mathematical
> basis for types in D, but sadly nobody else seems interested, and this
> DIP is pretty much DOA.

Actually, I think most of the negative reactions come not from the
technical problems of the DIP itself, but from the (perceived or
otherwise) way it was handled, such as how it got to final review stage
when it clearly needs more work. It may have sparked less outrage had it
stayed in draft stage until the technical problems were ironed out.

Be in denial for long enough, and one day you'll deny yourself of things you wish you hadn't.