Bottom Type--Type Theory

Johannes Loher johannesloher at fg4f.de
Fri Jan 18 00:41:43 UTC 2019

Am 18.01.19 um 01:33 schrieb H. S. Teoh:
> .talign... dunno, I suppose 0 is as good a value as any
> other?

This really made me laugh :D It should be consistent with
`Tbottom.alignof` obviously. The DIP suggests 1 (although the DIP calls
the property `alignsize`, which doesnt exist), but I am not sure if
there is any thought behind that.

> No idea what .argTypes is supposed to do.
>
> .rtInfo should probably return some generic no-op information. Or should
> it assert(0)? Since I'd expect someone calling .rtInfo implies that
> they've somehow created an instance of Tbottom, which is impossible.
> Though it's hard to say if the GC may pre-initialize buffers or what-not
> based on traversing all TypeInfo's.  Don't know.

Unfortunately I also don't know enough make a judgement here. But I
believe this is something enough other people can give pragmatic
suggestions for.