Bottom Type--Type Theory

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jan 18 01:04:17 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 01:41:43AM +0100, Johannes Loher via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Am 18.01.19 um 01:33 schrieb H. S. Teoh:
> > .talign... dunno, I suppose 0 is as good a value as any other?
>
> This really made me laugh :D It should be consistent with
> `Tbottom.alignof` obviously. The DIP suggests 1 (although the DIP
> calls the property `alignsize`, which doesnt exist), but I am not sure
> if there is any thought behind that.
[...]

Sure, but what's the alignment of an instance that doesn't (and can't)
exist?  A "nonsensical" value like 0 might not be unreasonable, since
you can't actually align any instances of Tbottom, there being none of
them to begin with.

It said to install Windows 2000 or better, so I installed Linux instead.