Speeding up importing Phobos files

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jan 19 09:18:15 UTC 2019

On 1/19/2019 1:12 AM, FeepingCreature wrote:
> If you've benchmarked this, could you please post your benchmark source so
> people can reproduce it?

I benchmarked it while developing Warp (the C preprocessor replacement I did for
Facebook). I was able to speed up searches for .h files substantially by
remembering previous lookups in a hash table. The speedup persisted across
Windows and Linux.

https://github.com/facebookarchive/warp

> Probably be good to gather data from more than one PC.
> Maybe make a minisurvey for the results.

Sounds like a good idea. Please take charge of this!