December 17 Running vibe.d tutorial on Windows?

Rubn where at is.this
Sun Jan 20 17:59:36 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:37:06 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:32:36 UTC, bauss wrote:
>> On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:17:32 UTC, siavash wrote:
>>> hi friends
>>> I'm trying to run/build the vibe.d tutorial on Windows. When
>>> I run the following:
>>> dub init tut -t vibe.d
>>> cd tut
>>> dub
>>> I get this error:
>>> [optlink-error.png](https://postimg.cc/gwTB6y0G)
>>> I tried adding
>>> "subConfigurations": {"vibe-d": "win32"}
>>> to my dub.json, but that didn't seem to change anything.
>>
>> Use "-a=x86_mscoff" also
>
> Yup, Vibe.d doesn't compile with OPTLINK [1] which is why we
> should really change the defaults. At least for dub.
>

> [1] https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/issues/2243

It's why Optlink should be tossed in the trash bin where it
belongs. Some mutant 20 year old x86 assembly "translated" to C
hybrid that isn't being maintained any longer and is only
introducing limitations into D's Windows implementation (even for
-m32mscoff/-m64 where it isn't required) to circumvent Optlink's
bugs.