D support for GNOME Builder

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 18:59:25 UTC 2019

On Friday, 11 January 2019 at 03:08:32 UTC, . . wrote:
> Something was posted on the forums a few years back about the
> GNOME Builder IDE (https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Builder), and
> some people were talking about adding D support. Nothing really
> happened with it, but I am wondering if anyone has thoughts
> about it?
>
> Seeing D supported in GNOME Builder would be nice, because
> aside from D, Builder is a great general-purpose IDE for linux,
> much like XCode is to MacOS.

I've put together a plugin based on the Rust one:
https://github.com/d-language-server/gnome-builder-dlang (by
"based on" I mostly mean "shamelessly copy-pasted from")
For now, it allows opening and building Dub projects, and uses
DLS for editing features.
Next step is adding configuration in Builder's preferences, as
well as making DEB/RPM/AUR packages.
However, I've looked into the GDB integration, and it doesn't
seem like I can add debugging support for D from outside of the
bundled GDB plugin.