template syntax

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Jan 31 01:28:29 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 05:11:07PM -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > Don't forget "typename" and "::template", beautifully combined here:
> >
> > typedef typename Allocator::template rebind<Mapped>::other mapped_type_allocator;
>
> It is indeed beautiful. Want to write a DIP to switch to < > ?

I second!

And while we're at it, how about reinstating the comma operator and
introducing opComma, and additionally opLess, opLessEqual, opGreater,
opGreaterEqual, opNotEqual, and opDot?  It will be greatly helpful with
a library implementation of < > syntax, which will be an important step
to gauge how useful it will be in practice, and could in the meantime
serve as a good substitute in lieu of a complicated in-compiler
implementation.

Making non-nullable pointers is just plugging one hole in a cheese grater. -- Walter Bright