DConf 2019

Norm norm.rowtree at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 06:38:24 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 31 January 2019 at 05:55:45 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 January 2019 at 07:59:44 UTC, Russel Winder
> wrote:
>>
>> Pricing a UK DConf in US $ is the fastest way of ensuring UK
>> people do not sign up.
>
> You can now pay with GBP via an additional PayPal link. The GBP
> value of £322.70 is derived via the HMRC January 2019 average
> exchange rate of 1.2634. On Feb 1, I'll update to the Feb 2019
> average of 1.3062, so it will be ten pounds cheaper at £312.36.
> (And as of the past few days the ALT + Numpad 0163 key combo
> will be forever burned in my brain). I've updated the fee table
> at the top of the page to show both USD and GBP amounts.
>
> I've also updated the old USD PayPal form, as it was outdated.
> Both forms now use PayPal's more modern system, which gets you
> one-click log in, the modern confirmation page, and a nice
> visual distinction between the two buttons.
>
> Please let me know if there are any issues.
>
> https://dconf.org/2019/registration.html

Appears to be a typo in the pricing table under Registration
header:

Second last row just shows "Registration Fee" with no indication
of the currency and the last row is listed as "Registration Fee
(USD)" but all values are prefixed with £ (ALT Numpad 0163, just
in case you forgot what £ really means! :D

bye,
Norm