dmd host compiler

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Fri Jul 5 17:11:37 UTC 2019

On Friday, 5 July 2019 at 16:36:11 UTC, Martin Krejcirik wrote:
> Allright, I managed to compile 2.085 using 2.085 so the real
> queastion is, what is the minimum version requirement for host
> compiler.

I Had the same experience on Linux. It was not possible to build
dmd with a predecessing version between version 2.074 and version
2.08?. I had to download a binary of higher version to build the
newer  compiler or else I would have been stuck on 2.073. It's a
rather annoying as we have really strange rules in place that
normally do not allow to install binaries from Internet.