More forums?

Yatheendra 3df4 at gmail.ru
Sun Jul 7 01:41:47 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 6 July 2019 at 07:35:50 UTC, XavierAP wrote:

> I completely agree. I think most people use via mailing list
> and don't care and filter threads on their side, so it hasn't
> been addressed. But you see it's a real issue and can put off
> many newcomers. Because the current user base prefers mailing
> lists, the forum view is poor; but the consequence is that
> people who don't prefer mailing lists (younger?) are driven off.

I get your point about NNTP users getting a Pro forum experience
client-side.

Newcomers likely are used to GNU Mailman archive viewing on the
web, and this forum comes across as a more efficient interface
(it uses the message threading in underlying NNTP better). So I'm
not talking about the presentation at all. In fact, unless there
is a good NNTP client on mobile, this forum is great on mobile.
But that audience on mobile might like all content on General to
be approachable, and a Pro forum could be peeked into whenever it
makes sense.