D modeling

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 21:04:18 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 7 July 2019 at 20:42:00 UTC, CheeseWiz wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 July 2019 at 16:37:32 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> https://gist.github.com/JesseKPhillips/b891604444f4aee72c705b498a206d50
>>
>> What you will notice is that the ModelB.Animal class is
>> commented out, the reason for this is because it is not
>> utilized your original model as you never inherited that
>> class, all you did was `alias Attack = Animal.Attack;` but
>> that isn't doing what you think it is doing.
>>

> The compiler forced me to do that to override the base class.
> Irregardless, it is irrelevant.

It did not force you to do that because you did not inherit that
base class.

You started with complaints about how verbose D was with the
modeling pattern you wanted to express, you claimed it was
possible and this was an example.

The example actually shows that D does not allow you to model as
you desired, but that wasn't the claim you were making, you said
the example did what you wanted but it doesn't.