Why is vibe.d still performing bad in benchmarks?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Thu Jul 11 08:29:12 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 10 July 2019 at 20:50:16 UTC, Exil wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 July 2019 at 19:16:11 UTC, bauss wrote:
>> As seen in:
>> https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r18
>>
>> vibe.d once again ranks terrible on the list.
>>
>> With the power of D etc. it should be able to perform at the
>> same level as the top frameworks but it just isn't so what are
>> the reasons, where can it be improved and what areas do we as
>> community need to look into and improve upon?
>
> There's more to performance than the language you choose.

Yes there is BUT for a web framework to properly scale you need
performance.

D is supposed to be powerful, it's supposed to have performance
on pair with C / C++, so there's no excuse for why it ranks even
worse than .NET.

Of course the problem here is most likely not D but vibe.d's
infrastructure.

My post is not about "bashing" D. I have been using D primarily
for all my projects for the past 6 years.

My post is about highlighting an issue and figuring out what we
can do as a community to fix it and have D rank higher.