Why is vibe.d still performing bad in benchmarks?

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 09:50:52 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:30 AM bauss via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> We need to just realize that D did terrible in this benchmark and
> perhaps the problem is something internally in vibe.d and then we
> need to focus on what exactly the issue is, locate it and fix
> that.

This is what I am trying to do for some time now (few months), but vibe.d
code is not so easy to read and debug. So far I have found out that
vibe-core seems to not be the main problem (there are still some
potentional speed improvment), but it seems the issue is somewhere in
vibe-d:http.
There is some work on new version of this package (
https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe-http) , so maybe the performance of this new
attempt will be better. I am goint to try this new vibe-http, but I am not
sure if it is already in usable state.