Why is vibe.d still performing bad in benchmarks?

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 22:33:57 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 1:25 PM Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> The problem is that for some reason it doesn't scale properly with the
> number of cores in that benchmark. I have a dual-Xeon server that I can
> in theory use for profiling this, but I simply still lack the time to do
> so.

Unfortunately that is not true anymore. Some time ago it was true, on my 4
core system vibed generaly has been one of the most fastest.
But now it is not true. So I am not sure the main issue is with number of
cores.

> If you or anyone else who is interested has a bit of time to spare, I
> would suggest to change the benchmark setup to start one process per
> core instead of using multiple threads. This is the preferred approach
> anyway, for multiple reasons, but one of them being that it ensures
> proper scaling, no matter if the GC kicks in, or some other kind of lock
> contention happens.

I have already try this and there is no (countable) difference.

As I already said I have spent a lot of time to figure it out, but it seems
the main issue right now is with vibe-d:http. But as Boris-Barboris
mentioned maybe the main issue is with RC.