D1 operator overloads have been deprecated.

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Jul 11 22:52:49 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 08:35:13PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 July 2019 at 20:29:19 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> > It rather looks like a big whoopsie. Nobody has thought to this case
> > during the review stage[1]
>
> I remember it coming up, maybe not formally, but the solution of just
> forwarding the final templates to a virtual implementation, mentioned
> above, has been around for a while.

If it's a 1-line fix, I doubt it would stop W&A from going ahead anyway,
since D1 operators have been deprecated for quite a while now.

On a separate note, I think somebody mentioned a while ago that there
are ways to make template functions virtual. If this is a really
important issue, we should explore that instead of clinging on to old
cruft that's supposed to have been gone years ago.

An elephant: A mouse built to government specifications. -- Robert Heinlein