[GSoC] Header Generation for C/C++

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 20:59:22 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 11:40 AM Eduard Staniloiu via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 at 17:41:23 UTC, Manu wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 4:40 AM Eduard Staniloiu via
> > Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> enum TestEnum
> >> {
> >>      TESTENUMaa = 0,
> >>      TESTENUMbb = 1
> >> };
> >
> > What in earth is that?
>
> This is the convention that is used in the manually written
> headers in order to avoid name clashing between fields of
> different enums in the C headers

Okay... but it's also the worst thing ever, and no real user would
want this code to be emit from the compiler ;)
Safe to say this is a strictly DMD-specific naming pattern, and I
don't think that should be our benchmark for a public-facing feature.

A better non-C++11 name might be `TestEnum_aa`?