[GSoC] Dataframes for D

Prateeek Nayak lelouch.cpp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 05:03:38 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 3 July 2019 at 05:04:20 UTC, Prateek Nayak wrote:
> On Saturday, 29 June 2019 at 04:39:39 UTC, Prateek Nayak wrote:
>> [snip]
> [snip]

---------------
Progress Update
---------------

The past couple of weeks went as expected without any Roadblocks

* groupBy can group a DataFrame based on arbitrary number of
columns
* groupBy returns a Group structure which supports binary
operations
* Retrieve single/multiple group as DataFrame.
* Merge two/more Group into a single DataFrame.
* Index operations on DataFrame. An entire column/row is returned
as Axis the same way Index operation on DataFrame is implemented.
* Display Group on Terminal

Works on DataFrame
* Added short hand data operations which I missed before! \(°^°)/
* Added function to convert index to an operable data column and
vice versa

---------------------
What is due this week
---------------------
This week was mostly reserved for refactor. Mr. Wilson introduced
me to the beautiful lockstep in range and I worked it in the
codebase wherever it's necessary.
This week I as adding ways to retrieve data as a Slice and assign
Slice to DataFrame. This IMHO is important as ndslice is used
widely and it opens a lot of doors for data computations. A way
to easily retrieve data as Slice operate on it and assign the
data back to DataFrame sees valuable. I hope to get the initial
PR ready by the beginning of next week.

After this will bring Aggregate - on whole Frame/Group on a
selected column/row of DataFrame or Group, selective operation on
selective columns/rows.

Future Roadblocks