Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jul 19 21:32:56 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 09:03:50PM +0000, XavierAP via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Still the only problem with D is ultimately low adoption. It has many
> causes, lack of corporate sponsor, of promotion, and other unknowable
> or random ones. Weird shit feeds back negatively, if it causes
> friction when people consider adopting, because if adoption was higher
> weird shit could be fixed in reasonable time.

I think it's a big assumption that adoption would make fixing weird sh*t
easier.  It could be that it's inherently hard, given the current
language and implementation, and higher adoption isn't going to help
with that.

Regardless, in spite of D's warts it still has remained my favorite
language so far, and the closest to my ideals of what a good language
should be, and I don't see myself choosing another language over it
anytime soon.  I already ported over a couple of major personal projects
to D, and have not regretted it since.

Spaghetti code may be tangly, but lasagna code is just cheesy.