Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

XavierAP n3minis-git at yahoo.es
Sat Jul 20 07:07:36 UTC 2019

On Friday, 19 July 2019 at 23:19:12 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> On Friday, 19 July 2019 at 22:12:17 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>
>> To be honest, while I understand W&A's stance of wanting to
>> stabilize the language and thereby (hopefully) drive adoption,
>> IMO things would be better served if we started working
>> towards D3.
>
> I generally agree, but I was encouraged by Andrei's relatively
> recent post
> (https://forum.dlang.org/post/q7j3s0$15n7$1@digitalmars.com)

Indeed if technical debt is a big problem, some radical plan of
action would be needed.

Though again, do we have the manpower? Or are we able to attract
it?

I'm guilty. I've been curious about D from the beginning, but I
have barely started a couple of hobby projects. C# serves me
better and it's what is used at my job, and what will continue to
be used. :\