Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 11:45:35 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 20 July 2019 at 09:33:21 UTC, user1234 wrote:
> I agree. This is more or less the same idea that I explained in
> a previous message.

Yeah, but it is worth stressing that they actually have one of
the most competent research groups on practical verification.
So, if managers decided that they needed linear or affine types
then they certainly know how to add it to a language. Although
their research seems to aim at more comprehensive verification
than just memory ownership. So, I think they will aim for higher
goals than what Rust can deal with before actually creating a
completely new language to be deployed across the organization.
(They have plenty of advanced toy-languages, though.)