Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

Newbie2019 newbie2019 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 16:29:16 UTC 2019

On Monday, 22 July 2019 at 13:18:29 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> "D is ancient and has 'worked out' " => "D is stable and has a
> growing amount of companies using it for beating the
> expectations" (which is true btw)
>
> In my view, people using unproductive languages (you know what
> they are) are "loosers", it shouldn't be us that pass as
> loosers.

I suggestion we should focus fix bugs and improve
support/platform/quality.

Keep improve IDE,  dub package, language server.

Finish the LDC support for IOS/Android,  (I read from forum
history,  people say it take a weekend work to made IOS branch
upgrade to latest version,  but last commit for IOS is 2017).

I see in this forum,  people talk about D will catch
web/mobile/WASM wave since 2015 or even earlier.   But compare
other language today,   DLANg Github trending is  empty almost
every time when I check.  Lack of user  population is hurting D
as vicious circle.   No people use, resulting in hidden bugs,
and then lead to less people use.